DDM, Sharrash and Dancer available!

Update: The Outpost is currently broken. Please don’t use it until the next update (which is going to be sent today).
Also if you’re using an older device with iOS5, you may have experienced IAPs problems. These will also be fixed with the update.
We’re really sorry for this.

It’s been a while since the last post (7 months, if I did the math right), but hopefully it was also well worth the wait.

Why is that? Because we’re releasing another three new armies for Neuroshima Hex, together for iOS and Android. Many of you probably know what these armies are, but for those who don’t:

• Doomsday Machine is basically Moloch on steroids. It shoots a lot, can rotate one unit per turn and has new unique units which can redirect or multiply friendly shoots.
  • Sharrash is an army of (teenage) mutant (ninja) rats, so they have the units to respond to almost every situation on the board. High initiative unit attacking your HQ? Use Explosives. Blocked line of fire? Mortar is the right thing to use. Don’t want to lose you powerful melee unit when attacking enemy HQ? Paralysis will do the trick.
  • Dancer is an army anything like the others. It has only three, very powerful, tiles, which act like units and HQs. It also can do it’s special Dance move and completely change the situation on the board.

And justto make this day even more special, we’re putting all armies and NSHex itself on sale! Here’s how the prices will look until the end of the week:

• Neuroshima Hex for iOS $2.99 (normally $4.99)
  • Neuroshima Hex for Android $0.99 (normally $2.99)
  • new DoomsdayMachine army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • new Sharrash army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • new Dancer army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • The Bundle of Five Armies $3.99 (normally $7.99)
  • Vegas army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • Smart army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • Steel Police army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • New York army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
  • Neojungle army $0.99 (normally $1.99)

Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Features, News. Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to DDM, Sharrash and Dancer available!

1. Dusty says:

sounds like the same bug I was talking about.

Just happened on my last online game (Dman) about 5 seconds ago

Im on I pad

Saul, iOS or Android?

3. Saúl says:

Yellow object can’t use it’s ability on the other objects if it have less 10 life points. If Yellow have 10 life points it can heal the other objects. If yellow have less than 10 life points it only can heal itself.

Yep, sounds much like a bug.

5. Dusty says:

No problem. Glad I could help….I really do love this game…and my favorite army is the Dancer, So If you do talk to him…tell him I say THANKS

Big Thanks to you guys too…I know the Dancer could not have been easy to code.

Also…Looks like The Scooper may be programed wrong as well.

Now I’m not talking about where it made the game crash…I know it you guys fixed it with the last update.

But the way its programed now…Its kinda almost like a VEGAS mod in all direction.

It takes over the tile, and that tile takes damage from the other OBJECTs

I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to do that…Only take away mod ability’s and give them to Outpost.

like I say….I’m not an 100%…I could be wrong on this one…but I’m pretty sure that’s how its supposed to work.

6. maquis says:

Dusty, I just checked with my Android version and I could use sharrash’s move module to move away or using hq’s ability to switch away from Yellow’s net. Hmm… Maybe the programming is different between iOS and android version.

Ah, OK, now I get it. I’ll consult that with the author, but you’re probably right.

8. Dusty says:

Hey Lukasz…

I know the Dancers net is less powerfull.

But thats the problem. The way its programed in right now its TOO POWERFULL

The way its programed in right now is, you can ONLY move away from the dancers net IF you use a (move) instant action tile.

BUT THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO MOVE.

Sharrash HQ has tunneling, and both Sharrash and Hegemony have MOVE MODS

The way its programed now with the latest update, Sharrash and Hegemony CAN’T MOVE out of the net in these cases.

and I’m 99.99% sure they SHOULD BE ABLE TO

Dusty, Dancer’s net is less powerful than the standard nets – other tile may get away, but they lose 1 HP in process.

About the other bug, would be great if you could send us a saved game when this happens – this would be really helpful.

10. Dusty says:

Also ….every so often…but not all the time….I can’t heal object blue with object yellow.

It is pretty rare, happend about 3 times…Object yellow can still heal its self no problem

but is unable to heal object blue even thou blue is lit up like i am able to select it…when I touch him nothing happens.

(like i say rare, every time it has happened to be blue …but it might give problems to object red as well)

11. Dusty says:

Hey guys..You guys know how much I love the game….but Just to let you know I’m pretty sure some of the rules are mixed up with the Dancer, when it comes to HQs being able to get out object yellows net.

Sharrash CAN NOT tunnel away….I’m pretty sure he is supposed to be able to
    Also Sharrash CAN NOT move away when hooked up to a MOVE mod…Im pretty sure they should be able to.

pretty sure your supposed to be able to do those things, If you pay 1 HP damage

Im on the Ipad V2

12. Joshua says:

Thanks for the great update! I wonder if there has been any discussion of activating the “undo” button for the online play? I play with some friends who claim they are quite clumsy and keep committing by mistake, before rotating, etc. It seems there isn’t any reason not to either allow the undo or make it an option at game creation time. Thanks!

13. Richard M. Low says:

Excellent update with the new armies!! Keep them coming and I’ll keep buying them! =)

richmlow

14. maquis says:

ok, try a few more games on hard using Dancer and I lose all of them, I am thrilled 🙂

I am never so happy to lose a game:) It seems the difficulty is more reasonable on hard for Dancer. I will do more tests later. keep up the good work.

15. ElBruhahador says:

Also, if you accidentally pick two tiles up at the same time on an iOS device one stays frozen over the board for the rest of the game. And, Vegas can now spin while controlled by a net and take over the net tile that was holding it. Thanks!

16. ElBruhahador says:

Hi,

When playing Dancer against Vegas, Vegas controlled the Net Dancer with its HQ. I tried to push the Net Dancer away and the game froze.

17. maquis says:

@Łukasz I just tried a few games on hard, but still end up winning. The thing is: I was triyng to lose, I tried to let the AI attack me, I tried to make some stupid moves, but I still ended up wiinning…….

When I use other armies, I usually win 60% of the time on medium, and I have to try VERY VERY hard to win those games.

I think the problem is that the AI doesn’t know which dancer objects to focus on attacking, instead of focusing on the lowest hp objects, the AI attacking the dancer objects randomly, thus spreading out the damage on all 3 object.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Nhex, I love DDM and Shrrash, I think you guys really done a great job on the game. I just hope it can get better. 🙂

This simply means Medium is not the difficulty to go for you. Try it on hard.

19. maquis says:

Is the Dancer really imbalanced or is the AI too weak against Dancer??? I played several games on medium using Dancer, and I beat each army easily. I swear I can’t do that using other factions on medium difficulty. I think the A.I against Dancer really need some tweaks.

20. maquis says:

Verthiss, that’s why DDM’s modules are called long distance modules

21. Verthiss says:

Hello guys!
    thanks for the update, I insta-bought it all 😀
    i experienced strange bug however on my android version- i was playing Dancer against AI Doomsday. i used action tile to kil enemy unit, but it was saved by medic. the thing is – this medic was 2 hexes away from the unit it healed.

About the crashes. This happens only when you or the AI uses The Outpost. It will be fixed ASAP.

23. Anton says:

I was so looking forward to see new armies, but new version turned out to be a bit disappointing. First of all, it crashes ferquently (iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2, now 7.0.3), even if I play regular armies. Also AI players start to do weird things which they haven’t done before (like they became stupider in some way, e.g. AI can start a battle without any units threatning to someone, etc.), again even if I play old armies. So this is really a bummer. I hope you’ll fix it in notime. Anyway, love this game. Cheers.

Anton.

24. I’ve bought the game and every army at full price so far but I’m drawing the line. I’m not buying any more armies until the Android version gets multi-player.

25. Greg Burns says:

Hi,

I am on iPhone 4 v7.0.3 and NS Hex v2.4 and have purchased the three new armies. I can usually get through a few rounds of the game before it crashes. When I try to initiate the game again it continues to crash. Eventually I get returned to the menu screen but any attempts to resume the game result in continued crashes. No matter which armies I play the game continues to crash.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Greg

26. Emil says:

Hi,

Great update! So now we need only Mephisto army 😉

I just play few games, and it’s working great. Bit too slow during “cancel move” but still great!

So now we’re waiting for:
    – Multi
    – Hex Riddles 😉

Regards

@ Cyprien: “Celowo wprowadzamy w błąd” 🙂 No daj spokój 🙂 Multiplayer jest dostępny na iOS i na urządzeniu z iOS jest na stronie prezentowany. Do Androida dodamy opcję gry przez sieć, gdy tylko będziemy mieć taką techniczą możliwość (mam nadzieję, że niebawem).

All iOS < 7 users: We're aware there's a bug which causes you previous IAPs to randomly disappear. We have a fix already and will send it to Apple soon (probably as an expedited review). Sorry for the inconvenience, but you don't need to worry - your IAP are still there, you won't have to pay again for it, they're just not presented the right way.

28. Nils says:

Bha!
    I want to play with the new armies.

Factory reset of my phone did not help. I am still getting the crashes. And I do not get the possibility to send crash reports.

I hate this.

29. Orzi says:

Sorry, I tried again that scenario and everything was OK. Sorry for troubling.

30. Orzi says: