Win free promocodes!

Remember Moloch? You know, this artificial intelligence guy who spreads across few states and tries to destroy humanity? Anyway, he’s in real trouble, here on the board, as The Outpost is really kicking his butt!

His HQ is only at 3 HP, where The Outpost’s HQ is at 6. It’s the last turn, human guerrillas did they final moves and did it quite well, because when you look at the board, you’ll see Moloch is going to be annihilated! We won’t let this happen, right (OK, normally we should – it’s the AI that’s trying to destroy humanity – but try to act like a robot for a while)? Fortunately, Moloch has a chance to turn the tables and that’s where you come in!

Moloch is in trouble!

Look at the board (click it, to enlarge). You are given 5 tiles and you must discard 2 of them. Then you may use the other 3 in any way you like. Your task is to use the tiles to help Moloch win this game in a final battle, which will take place after you make your moves. Simple? I don’t think so 🙂

And of course – there’s a reward! 10 people who send us the correct answers will get a promocode allowing them to download Neuroshima Hex for free! This competition will only last until 6. September, so don’t waste your time!

Send your answers to: neuroshima@neuroshimahex.com

Michał “MichallusTG” Herda is the creator of this puzzle (or Hex-Ache) and we’d like to say a big ‘Thank You’ to him. If you feel like you have to e-mail him and say how amazed you are, use this address: emha1@o2.pl. And don’t bother asking him what’s the solution – we paid him enough to keep his mouth shut 🙂

This entry was posted in Contest. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Win free promocodes!

1. I find that sometimes I have to struggle to decipher just what a writer is trying to say, but you have made your information clear.

2. model boat says:

Your content is informative, interesting, compelling and any other word that describes good writing. I wish I could express myself so well. Thank you for your unique and fresh views.

3. I’ve always lacked focus, especially when it comes to reading, but I read your whole article. What a shock! It’s just so encompassing that I got involved in your content. I like your many views.

4. mis sold ppi says:

I am not sure how you took a boring informative article and managed to make it so interesting, but I am glad you did. What a pleasure to find such an interesting new talented author.

5. Excellent writing! I have honestly enjoyed reading your article. It’s nothing short of fabulous in my opinion and you’ve kept it away from being dull, boring content. Really good job.

6. Thinking people, like myself enjoy this kind of article content. This is because while it’s informative it’s also thought-provoking and interesting. You have done well.

@Glen, great attitude! Rules are really not that hard to learn and there is a example battle scenario explained step-by-step. So @Drew, go for it – there’s really not much to lose 🙂

Today is the 6. September, so we’ll only accept the answers until 23:59 (CEST or UTC +2). Anyway, so still have like 15 hours, so there’s more than enough time to submit the answer.

8. Glen says:

@Drew – give it a shot, man. I just downloaded the rules a little while ago, and I think I came up with a decent solution. The rules are actually quite easy to pick up, it just takes a little time to spot all the different things that are going on each phase. I will definitely come back to this puzzle once I have a few games under my belt, to see if I can come up with different solutions.

9. Tim says:

I’m not worried about free promo codes, just get the game into the app store already! 🙂

I only posted this on twitter – our plan is to test the version we have and submit it this weekend, probably on Sunday. So if Apple won’t have anything against this app it should be available next week.

11. Drew says:

Thanks Łukasz. I will check link you provided and see if I have enough time time to grasp the game and find a solution. I don’t have high hopes though.

BTW, you never mentioned if it was submitted yet or not.

@Drew, you still have the time to learn the rules – it’s not that hard – and submit your answer. You have a chance to win, believe me 🙂 If you want to download the rules, check this post:

@Jason, thank you for the warm words! That’s really very well said. I play this game for about over 2 year and it’s still fun 🙂

13. jason says:

Drew,

It’s a great game, Drew. May take a little while to get use to the iconography on the tiles, but if you’re a fan of strategy games, this game will certainly give you a challenge AND have a ton of replay value.

I wish I had a good comparison or similar game to give you an idea of what it’s like, but Neuroshima Hex is truly unique. Hope you enjoy it!

14. Drew says:

Sucky, I have never played the board game just got interested in the game when I saw the game in the Upcoming iPod/iPhone games on Touch Arcade. Since I have no idea how to play until I actually get my hands on this version I have no chance to even win. 🙁

Oh well, glad to hear that you plan to submit it by the end of the week. I’m guessing, since it is Friday, that it has been submitted by now.

15. Pingback: Game Bandit—Mixed Bag Edition | Purple Pawn

16. Ben says:

Take your time with it, Łukasz. It’s more important to get it right than get it fast, and Apple is going to take their time with it, too, even once it gets submitted to the store.

I’m excited, but I can wait for you guys to be happy with it before I get to play it!

Game will be submitted to Apple at the end of this week. We simply needed to fix few more bugs we found this week.

18. Paul Doherty says:

Where is the game? I thought the plan was release to the store before the end of August?

You’ve won already – ‘la fame’ 🙂

20. MichallusTG says:

What if I send a solution myself and accidentally win? 😛

Thanks for the answers and comments!
    @Ben, of course there are multiple answers 🙂
    @Chris, you’ll only get one entry and are able to win only one promocode, and yes, we’re going to give the codes to 10 random people who managed to solve the puzzle
    @Jason, really glad to hear that 😀

22. jason says:

Ha! Pretty sure I figured this one out! What a bloody battle!

Great problem / solution! Either way, I’d be just as happy to pay for this awesome app!

23. Chris Schenck says:

Hey, thanks for the fun contest!
    I’ll work on this one tonight.

Just to be clear, are the promo codes given out to 10 random folks of those who submit a correct answer? I hope it’s not just the first 10 who are correct.

Also, if I happen to find multiple solutions, do I get an entry in the pool for each distinct correct answer?

24. Hebus says:

Hard to resolve 🙂

25. jason says:

This one is not easy. Still trying to figure it out – Too much damage coming in 🙁

Need to get out of work and put my head on it. 🙂

26. Tom says:

This puzzle is no match for me

(yes it is, I’m terrible at this game – but I love it)

27. Ben says:

Great contest and really great idea. I submitted my solution this morning, but there are multiple viable answers to the situation. For example, if you look at the solution I submitted and switch the positions of #2 and #3, either would still work fine. In fact, any token would work instead of #2.