Neuroshima Hex will be an universal application!

Neuroshima Hex will be an universal application! Yes, you got it right! You’ve asked for it, we’re gonna give it to you!

We have important message for all of you. As you remember, we planned to release Neuroshima Hex for iPhone and iPod Touch and then to release Neuroshima Hex HD, with user interface and graphics optimized for iPad. That’s no longer entirely true.

First of all – many of you asked for it, saying it’s not fair to ask you to buy this app twice. This is true, but we were never going to ask you to buy the same app twice. We wanted to give you a new, fresh experience of playing a board game on a portable virtual table with your friends. Something that’s not possible to experience on the iPhone. We promised you this and we’re not going to say we’ve changed our minds. But this won’t be a separate app anymore.

Lately we checked many details about Game Center and in app purchases and we did find out those services are dedicated for single application only. What does it mean? It means, that someone who bought Neuroshima Hex for iPhone will not be able to use Game Center’s matchmaking to play with someone else with Neuroshima HD. It means someone who scored achievements on his or her iPhone won’t be able to continue scoring another achievements on the iPad version.  Someone who bought expansions on iPhone, will need to re-buy those extensions for the iPad version once again. It’s unacceptable for you and it is absolutely unacceptable for us!

Solution is of course only one – universal application. In one of the future updates we will add full support for iPad and iPhone 4 (retina display). It will be free for all of Neuroshima Hex onwers. But from day of that update we’ll raise Neuroshima Hex’s price to 4,99$. It seems fair for us. Everyone of you who bought the app earlier and by doing this gave us the funds to work on updates will get the iPad version for free. Those of you who are waiting for the iPad version, because they don’t want the iPhone one or they don’t own an iPhone (or iPod Touch) will have to pay more after the premiere.

Another thing is multiplayer. To keep it short – there’s gonna be multiplayer 🙂 We want to add it, you want to have it. Probably we’ll use Game Center for matchmaking and other stuff, but those of you who have older devices will also be able to play with you friends, but will have to invite them by e-mail. Of course, it will be asynchronous multiplayer, so playing multiple matches at a time or  leaving in a middle of play will be possible.

And last but not least – thank you for buying Neuroshima Hex! We hope those who bought the game like playing it and those who haven’t done  it yet will do it soon and will have as much fun playing it, as we had creating  it.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Neuroshima Hex will be an universal application!

1. Pingback: Neuroshima Hex | iPad Boardgames News and Reviews

2. Simon says:

First off: I bought the game right away afterdiscovering it on the appstore since I already own the original boardgame – I think you are one of the pioneers to set the bar for future boardgames on the iPhone/iPad, so I appreciate your good work!

Second: I you consider adding online multiplayer, maybe you should take a look at the Carcassonne iPhone-Version. It is the best online-multiplayer-boardgame up to date in the appstore, as far as me and my friends are concerned. So pleeeaaassee deliver an online-multiplayer feature like they did!

Greetings from Germany – see you in Essen! 😉

Simon

3. Randy says:

Thank you very much for the Universal App support. That’s always my preferred way of doing things. I just do not like the look of iPhone games on my iPad. So I wasn’t planning on buying the game twice. However, with the universal announcement, I’m going to go ahead and toss in my support ASAP.

Hopefully we will get some news soon as to how the iPad programming is coming along.

4. Xid says:

Kickass!!! Thanks!

5. vincenbo says:

There’s no telling how impressed I am by your work on this platform. I play it non stop since I bought it. Congratulation on your standing up for what’s fair regarding the App Store / Game Center policy.
    You guys really rock. It’s good to know that it’s possible for developers to be in charge of their destiny, and keep hearing out the customers – well, fans.
    I’ll do a major review on my blog, though it won’t do you much good regarding my traffic :).
    Keep it up !

Vincenbo.

6. dmitrysatin says:

I would like to exchange links with your site http://www.neuroshimahex.com
    Is this possible?

@Jamie, thanks for adding us to your site. Really cool site. We’re waiting anxiously for this voting, let’s hope we won’t loose too many from this 10 stars 🙂

@Kang, we’re still thinking on some kind of campaign, so it’s in the concept area of our work flow (not sure if I’m using the right English words here, hope you understand 🙂 )

8. Jamie says:

Fantastic news, I cant wait to see the HD version as I’m utterly addicted. Any plans to release expansions?

ps; I’ve added the game to my new ipad board game review site at http://www.ipadboardgames.org , so everyone please feel free to go and vote it up more (cant get higher than the 10 stars it already has though)

9. Kang says:

Hi, just picked this up and it’s great so far, any chance of a campaign/challenge missions?

10. cherdman says:

I will purchase this game right now. Thank you so much for making this a universal app and updating it for Retina-enhanced devices. I cannot wait for the update!

11. BK says:

Suggestion for the multiplayer mode – 1. make it so you can add friends. 2. Make it so when a friend is invited to a game there is a sound unique to your game. 3. Be able to play more than one game at a time (? Samuri is the model here). 4. If a person drops from multiplayer [for 2 player] automatic win for the other player OR can continue with AI opponent.

thanks for listening and it’s up to you !

12. BK says:

This game is excellent. Finally there is a gemt to dethrone Carcassone. Release the multiplayer patch and it will – for sure – be on everyone’s wish-list.
    Let’s hope the patch is coming SOON! thanks

13. Fabrice says:

You’re right lukasz, even the medium AI level is kicking my ass now. The default easy level made me believe that i’m a good player 🙂

@Fabrice, it’s not that easy 🙂

Great you like the game and our plan of its further improvements. We’ll keep you informed about any changes.

15. Fabrice says:

Oups, sorry. I completely missed the quickgame AI settings 🙂

16. Fabrice says:

The game is really fantastic. Will u increase the level of the AI? It seems to me that it is easy to win in a single player game. I’m perhaps an excellent player 😉

17. hlaspoor says:

really cool! can’t wait.

18. Strafe says:

Sold! Purchasing now. Thanks!

19. Pingback: Neuroshima Hex iPad HD version will be a free upgrade | iPad Boardgames News and Reviews

20. Aaron Stroud says:

Awesome! I’ve never played the game before but it looked interesting. And now I don’t have to wait for ipad version! Bought it.

21. jason says:

You’ve got my support as well. This application is amazing. I can’t stop playing it! 😀

Please thank your team for such a well made game! [And give yourself a pat on the back, too!] 🙂

22. Paul Doherty says:

Definitely the right decision! I hope you make a lot of money on this app – it’s excellent and I’m telling all my friends about it…

23. Matthew says:

Great news!!! I bought the app in hope that you guys will make it a universal app. This news has justified my faith in you guys. For those still on the fence, go out and grab it! With upcoming online and native iPad implementation, the game is a steal at its current price!

24. Quijanoth says:

Alright… Bought it. 🙂

25. Deano says:

I’ll continue to support your company by purchasing future expansions, etc. Keep up the great work. =)

26. Richard M. Low says:

Great news! Thank you for bringing Neuroshima Hex to the iOS platform and for your continued support of the game.

richmlow

27. Thomas says:

great news! i absolutely love playing this game

28. Tom says:

I have played this game for a total of 7 hours over the past 3 days. Absolutely unheard of on a mobile device for me. That should say something in and of itself.

Amazing work guys. So are you saying for multiplayer, we’ll have to go through gamecenter?

29. Drakeer says:

Great news everyone!!!!

If you still dont have this game, but it ASAP!!!

30. Trevor says:

Great news. I can’t wait.